Your speech should incorporate at least two resources of information, which you paraphrase, summarize, and/or quote. Using LIRN and the Internet, identify at least two sources of information that will be used to support your speech. At least one of these resources of information must be obtained through the LIRN online library resource.
This is the second of a five-part project to compose and present a persuasive or informative speech. You will present the final speech to your instructor only, in Week 11, via YouTube video. Review the Course Project Details to review the timeline of deliverables and the descriptions of the different parts of the project.
Perform the following tasks:
- Create a 2-page (500 words) Word document outlining your resources (see below) to be submitted by the end ofWeek 6.
a Reference page.
- Paraphrase,summarize,and/orquoteinformationyouwilluseinyourspeechfromnolessthan tworesources.
- Explainhowyouwillusethisinformationtosupportyourmainandsupportingtopicswithinyour speech.
- Consider usingthis Source Materials and Reference List worksheettoassistyouwiththispartof yourproject.Thisworksheetdoesnotneedtobeturnedintoyourinstructor.
- Include the following:
Hints:Locate thefollowingresourceson the Internet tohelpyou formatthereferencespageandparaphrase,summarize, and/orquotetheinformationfromyoursources.Yourinstructorcanhelpyoudeterminethebestsources touse.
- Purdue OWL–Click on “Using Research” in the left navigation; click on “Quoting,Paraphrasing,andSummarizing.”
- CitationMachine–automatedcitingandreferencing of sources.