I need 2 articles read and a series of questions answered for each of the articles. I will provide the links to the articles and the questions.
Questions for article 1:
1. Describe the phrase “Objectively Reasonable” in your own words as it applies to police use of force. Do you think that this is an appropriate threshold to guide police decision-making? Why/Why not?
2. Write your own policy on police use of deadly force that you believe would help to guide officers to safely, effectively, and ethically apply force that might kill or seriously injure a suspect.
3. This article (and many others like it) seems to suggest that increased and/or enhanced training on the use of force is a primary solution to many of the associated problems. Do you agree with this sentiment? Why/Why not? What types of training (be specific) do you envision as being the most effective in this area?
Questions for article 2:
1. Define the term “implicit bias” in your own words.
2. What are some of your implicit biases? (some examples from the article included: certain cars, clothing styles, age, and police officers)
3. Do you think it’s possible to “cure” implicit bias? Why?/Why not?
4. What is the real goal of this training? Do you think it’s worth doing?
5. What are some alternative strategies to reduce racial bias in policing?